As microcontrollers are getting faster and more complex, the requirements for debug support are getting more and more demanding. In order to get a complete set of trace data, bond-out-chips or on-chip trace support have been necessary until now.
Solutions using bond-out chips are very expensive and not applicable at higher CPU clock rates. The on-chip trace support makes the microcontroller more expensive, since additional chip core area and additional pins are required.
Accemic has developed hidICE as a smart solution, which solves the described problems and which provides additional advantages:
- Zero wait state real-time emulation
- Unique debug solution for higher CPU clock rates (even at 500 MHz)
- No reserved pins for trace port necessary
- No bond-out-chips required
- Access to complete trace information
- No on-chip breakpoint support required
- Unlimited support of complex breakpoint conditions
- Debugging on difficult-to-access target hardware
- Minimal chip core area for emulation control
- One hidICE system supports different microcontroller families
- Cost reduction and faster