Problem report guideline
Preconditions for Technical Support
- Accemic Technical Support is only available if you have a valid contract for Technical Support, or
- You are still within the warranty period for Accemic products, which is 6 months beginning with the day of first registration. During this time, the Technical Support is free of charge without limitation.
- Make sure you have read the Trouble Shooting Guides (Online Help) before you submit a report. Since many problems are discussed there, your problem might be also covered.
- To obtain Technical Support it is required that the latest releases of the Accemic components are installed. Make sure you use the latest version of the software. Please check the actual version on the corresponding product page and the version string in the Help "About" panel in your copy of the software. The problem you are about to report may have been fixed already.
Please note: Accemic does not offer support for third party tools, general microcontroller programming and C-programming.
Technical support is only available via email (email@example.com). Please understand that we cannot offer telephonic support.
Information to be included to your problem report
- Your name and contact information
- Your serial number (we have to check th state of the support agreement)
- A detailed description of the error by answering the following questions:
- Where does the error occur?
- What kind of reaction did you expect and what did you get instead?
- What has to be done to reproduce the reaction?
- If you have tried to solve the problem on your own, what have you tried?
- Which version did you use?
- Which message is displayed when the problem occurs? Please include the error message directly in the email text, since attachments in certain formats might be deleted by our firewall.
Please note that “It does not work” is not sufficient information for the support team to help you to solve the problem.
Please understand that a code review executed by us is connected with costs to you if the problem is due to the application itself or if the necessary steps described by us to adapt the application have not been executed or not been executed completely.